|Study location||Hungary, Debrecen|
|Type||Graduate (master), full-time|
|Nominal duration||4 semesters|
|Tuition fee||$7,500.00 per year|
|Application fee||$150.00 one-time|
Undergraduate (bachelor) diploma (or higher)
Bachelor degree in Environmental Science, Agricultural engineering, Horticulture engineering, Crop Production Engineering, Agrobusiness and Rural Development Engineering, Rural Development Engineering is required.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
You can apply with scan copies of your documents, however you will present their originals to the university during enrollment (in mid-September or mid-February) and they (scan copies and originals) have to be the same documents.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): World.
English language proficiency (TOEFL 547 /IELTS 6.0 /oral examination)
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
If you don’t meet the admission requirements, you can have an additional preparatory semester (or year) program (pre-master). This bridging program is dedicated to those students who do not have required credits and courses from their former studies, therefore, they are unable to enroll the intended master’s program. The tuition fees of the pre-master program are as same as for the relevant bachelor’s program and any pre-master program starts in both semesters (in September and in February).
The aim of the training is to train agricultural water management engineers who are able to use creative engineering in the field of sustainable integrated water management within the field of agricultural water management with the knowledge gained in master’s degree. With their qualifications they are able to cooperate at a high level in solving domestic and international problems related to their field of expertise. They are suitable for the design and development of engineering, research and leadership positions. They are ready to continue their studies in doctoral training.
Agricultural water management engineers will have the knowledge of
- high level scientific, technical and relevant knowledge required for the agricultural water management.
- the applicability of the latest agricultural water management technologies and procedures and their legal regulations.
- the specificities of agricultural water management and processes, recognition the existing relationships between them.
- the latest IT solutions for agricultural water management and sustainable water resources management.
- international relations, the design, implementation, implementation methods, rules and related features of agricultural water management.
- the specialties of team and project work, with leadership knowledge.
- the different levels of leadership functions, the methods of evaluation, and conflict management techniques.
- modern management theory and applied psychology that can be applied in the field and applicable to the whole agricultural sector.
- the relationship between the economy, the society and the agricultural sector.
- the strategic role of R & D & I in the agrarian economy.
- the specific methods of research, abstraction techniques, and the ways of developing the practical aspects of theoretical questions.
- the professional and effective oral, written and network communication methods and tools.
- the special vocabulary of the field of expertise in English.
Agricultural water management engineers will have competences on
- developing and implementing climate adaptation solutions.
- using and further developing the latest agricultural water management technologies and processes.
- coordinating the professional task of agricultural water management.
- orientating and providing a professionally based opinion on domestic and international economic policy and social events related to the agricultural economy.
- independently interpreting and applying legislation related to its professional activity.
- defining, planning and organizing the activity of the field of expertise.
- forming its own position and defending it in a debate about general social, agricultural economics, and special issues related to the field.
- following a thorough, analytical approach to the relevant international literature of its field of expertise.
- providing the necessary conditions for the implementation of the specified activities, to continuously manage and control the implementation, and to organize it.
- practicing the various functions of leadership activities, motivating them, evaluating their performance, and legitimate and effective handling of conflicts.
- developing a project team, actively participating in research and development projects.
- analysing the different areas of the ideas that form the knowledge system of the given field of expertise, and of exploring the complex and specific contexts.
- identifying the professional problems, their versatile, interdisciplinary approach, and the detailed, conceptual and practical background needed to solve it.
- agrarian analyses, which can be transposed across sectors, contexts, complex formulas and evaluations.
- applying state-of-the-art IT tools, professional and effective oral and written communication.
- engineering and environmental friendly solutions that support individuals and the health of society.