|Study location||Hungary, Debrecen|
|Type||Undergraduate (bachelor), full-time|
|Nominal duration||6 semesters (180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||$5,500.00 per year|
|Application fee||$150.00 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
English (oral) exam is required.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
You can apply with scan copies of your documents, however you will present their originals to the university during enrollment in mid-September and they (scan copies and originals) have to be the same documents.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): World.
English language proficiency (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent/oral examination)
The aim of the program is to enable students to obtain proficiency in the English language, acquire critical and analytical skills developed through the study of the English Language, English Literature as well as the social, cultural and political history of the English-speaking world, and provide a broad educational experience, making it possible for graduates to choose from a wide range of career opportunities including teaching, the media, the tourist industry, diplomacy, business and administration.Literatures in English as well as the social, cultural and political history of the English-speaking world, and to provide a broad educational experience, making it possible for graduates to choose from a wide range of career opportunities including teaching, the media, the tourist industry, diplomacy, business and administration.
1. Foundation courses 10 credits
- society and civilization, communication, information technology, basic theoretical subjects;
2.a. Professional Core Modules 33 credits
- introduction to English linguistic studies: skills development (speaking, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, composition, essay writing; basics of linguistics, literary theory, culture, history and civilization;
2.b. Courses conveying specialized knowledge 73 credits
- grammar, language theory, language history, applied linguistics; English-language literatures; history of English-speaking peoples;
— 2.b.2. Core modules + stream modules (English Studies orientation OR North American Studies stream): 23 + 50 credits
- Those choosing a track within the English orientation are required to fulfill 5 subjects of the track of their choice; 4 more subjects can be chosen from either of the English Studies orientation tracks (British Literature and Culture or Linguistics and Communication Track) or from the North American Stream.
— 2.b.3. Diploma thesis: 4 credits
2.c. Differentiated academic subjects (specialization): 50 credits
- Information and Communication Design and Technology specialization is available for foreign students who do not speak Hungarian.
3. Optional module 10 credits