|Type||Preparatory (foundation), full-time|
|Nominal duration||10 months|
|Tuition fee||$6,000.00 per year|
|Application fee||$50.00 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Certificate of secondary school final exams, aptitude entry test are required.
If you study in the last year of high school and will get your high school leaving certificate later than application date, but before than enrollment date (mid-September), you can still apply now. Please note that you will need to provide a reference from your high school that you are in the last year of education.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
You can apply with scan copies of your documents, however you will present their originals to the university during enrollment in mid-September and they (scan copies and originals) have to be the same documents.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): World.
The objective of this preparatory course is to prepare foreign students for the requirements of entry tests to Hungarian institutions of music of higher education. Besides systematizing their already acquired music knowledge and experience, they can improve their musical skills and theoretical knowledge. Thus, they can get apt to follow studies in higher education.
Maximum number of admitted students: 10
Period of training: 2 semesters, 2 times 15 weeks (September–December and January-April)
Theory of music (2 lessons/week)
- harmony and formal studies of baroque and Viennese classical music,
- theoretical and practical training for auditive perception of harmonic phenomena,
- playing characteristic chord successions on piano, complex analysis of baroque and Viennese classical movements, improvement of stylistic knowledge
Musicianship (2 lessons/week)
- a comprehensive subject for improving musical skills, including vocal development of aural, writing, reading, rhythmical, memory and transposition skills of music, practising concentration and self-adaptation for playing music
Music repertoire (2 lessons/week)
- an overall view of the history and styles of European music, obtaining further knowledge about genres through studying representative works of music of different stylistic eras.
Folk music (1 lesson/week)
- studying treasures of folk songs (European, own national and Hungarian), improving analyzing techiques of folk music, obtaining further knowledge about ethno-musicology, getting an overall view of the history of Hungarian and international folk music research processes
Choir conducting (2 lessons/week)
- obtaining and improving basic conducting skills, conducting and coaching choral works, obtaining further knowledge of choral repertoire
Piano (1 lesson/week)
- natural instrumental techniques, improving technical amd musical skills through studying works from different eras of piano repertoire, improving sight-reading, playing piano accompaniment
Individual voice training (1 lesson/week)
- improving singing techniques, intonation and performing skills, clear and understandable articulation of lyrics, improving typical stylistic formation
- choir, string, wind or percussion instruments, chamber music, chamber singing, history of music education, composition, continuo playing, improvisation, contemporary music practice, Hungarian language